The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California, and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over nineteen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over thirty million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud-based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations, and accelerate their journey toward a clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by several new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage, threatening a century-old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We are looking for a Solutions Consultant who is hungry to learn, and wants to make an impact on our clean energy future! The Solutions Consultant manages the relationships between Bidgely, its potential customers, and current customers through a customer-centric consultative approach. The Solutions Consultant acts as a subject matter expert to determine which products or services should be offered to which customers, when those offerings should be made, and how they should be presented. The Solutions Consultant reports to the Director of Strategy & Growth and will be a key player in driving Bidgely’s market share growth alongside other team members. As the face of Bidgely, the Solutions Consultant will:
- Drive revenue growth through the development of winning proposals that effectively address client’s needs and concerns
- Work closely with other members of the sales team to coordinate efforts and identify opportunities for growth in the market
- Manage the completion of technical components of RFI/RFP submissions as part of the core response team
- Build program designs and data models in support of our prospecting and solution definition efforts
- Own the responsibility for the creation and maintenance of our standard content and assets in support of a functional area of expertise and in pursuit of sales opportunities
- Develop and/or bring a deep understanding of the regulated utility market, and how Bidgely can play a disruptive role in scaling artificial intelligence across the sector
- Bring ideas and feedback to the product and innovation teams based on customer interaction and awareness of regional and market-level trends
- Influence the company by collaborating cross-functionally to conceptualize solution enhancements that penetrate our market
- Use analytical skills to ensure effective prioritization of solutions and sales opportunities
- Represent Bidgely at industry events and conferences to expertly demonstrate the market value of our products and solutions
- Result Driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality Focused – Quality is at the heart of everything we do. We take great pride in our work and are a trusted resource for our team and the industry.
- Innovative – Challenge the status quo to make things faster, better, cheaper, and more successful. Even small changes cumulate to drive a big impact.
What You’ll Bring
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in a startup environment
- 3-5 years experience in solutions engineering or a presales related position
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2+ years experience in the utility or renewable energy space
- At least 2+ years experience in a solutions engineering or pre sales related position
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strategic, big-picture, out-of-the-box thinking
- Proven ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing and re-prioritizing tasks
- Familiar with agile working mode – you are a self-starter with quick turnaround capabilities
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Ability to interpret, manipulate and explain data trends
- Analytical skills and the ability to recognize the demands on the side of the client
Why You’ll Love Working At Bidgely
- We provide the tools you need to execute your role including home office set up
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- Opportunity to work within a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Discounts on movie tickets, technology, and more!
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to TalkSpace and Sanvello
- Access to wellness resources through InsightTimer
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with support for your whole family
Remote with up to 20% travel to customer sites and our headquarters
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal-opportunity employer. We are serious about and embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to build a better future and a better workforce.