The Company You Will Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over twenty-seven million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by a number of new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage threatening a century old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by the solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You Will Work With
We are currently seeking an experienced Solutions Architect to join our Customer Onboarding team. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the technical quality of all product implementations of Bidgely’s innovative energy management service with strategic utility customers worldwide. As a leader and subject matter expert, the Solutions Architect utilizes technical, product and management skills to ensure the technical soundness and readiness of implementations. The position reports into the Head of Customer Onboarding and works closely with other Solution Architects, Technical Program Managers, and all other relevant cross-functional teams.
What You Will Do
- Become a cross-functional subject matter expert and collaborator; own the overall solution design and development for utility customers while working with our global engineering teams
- Utilize requirement analysis, customer journey scope discussion, data integration, machine learning algorithms, design, solution architecture, implementation, delivery, customer facing technical issue resolution and discussion to support Technical Program Managers and Delivery Managers
- Help remove guesswork and provide a framework; devise and own the gate process for each project that Technical Program Managers will follow to ensure every project is technically sound to achieve on-time, quality launches, without additional costs
- Ensure TPM implementation of new products is at the same fidelity of legacy products, reviewing new product performance, test cases, project plans, and risk mitigation from contract signing to launch
- Own and coordinate the communication funnel between Product Management and implementation project teams regarding issues & risks impacting new product launches
- Create a robust structure for continuous improvement of technical implementations and product solutions that promptly responds to internal and external stakeholder feedback
- Utilize Bidgely product expertise and gap analysis to understand utility customer requirements, mapping, and customizations necessary to complete a project
- Regularly hold feedback and collaboration sessions with other Solution Architects to improve the quality of implementations, solution mapping gaps, and training of Technical Program Managers
- Manage select customer engagements using the Customer Onboarding team processes and tools
- Assist Sales teams by developing the technical content of proposals, shortlist presentations and quality technical training as needed
- Innovation – You challenge the status quo to drive impact
- Results – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality – Quality is at the heart of everything you do. You take great pride in your work and are a trusted resource.
- Leadership – You shine at the front of the classroom. People respect and follow you.
What You Will Bring
- Working knowledge of programming tools such as Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 – 6 years of proven expertise in developing and driving solution development for cloud based implementations especially in the B2B domain
- Excellent track record of designing and delivering system architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer facing role with large enterprises
- Strong interpersonal skills; you have the ability to create relationships with diverse and global business and IT stakeholders across time zones
- The ability to explain complex technical issues clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills; you are solution focused and seek the best outcomes for the customer and our engineering team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Remarkable attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization between multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Desire and ability to stay current with latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
Why You Will Love Working at Bidgely
- We provide the tools you need to execute your role including your home office set up
- Opportunity to grow with a startup – we offer stock options!
- Opportunity to work within a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Discounts on movie tickets, technology, pet insurance and more!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage from Day 1
- HSA, FSA and DCFSA plans
- Unlimited and Flexible PTO
- Annual Wellness stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Access to wellness resources through InsightTimer
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with support for your whole family
- This is a remote role with 10% travel
Equal Opportunity Statement
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We are serious about and embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to build a better future and a better workforce.