What can Artificial Intelligence do to reinvent the energy industry? This is your opportunity to join a world-class team and help us figure that out. A growth phase global start-up headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Bidgely is transforming the way customers interact with their energy use. By combining the power of machine learning and behavioral insights, Bidgely provides a suite of enterprise solutions that help customers save energy and enable utilities to make intelligent decisions while building enduring customer relationships worldwide. It’s an exciting time in the company’s evolution. We are in the Series C funding stage and growing business rapidly, have acquired some of the biggest names in the industry as customers, and we’re breaking ground on new products and markets.
Bidgely India is the engineering center for global operations, with close to 100 employees, and has been recognized as A Great Place To Work.
Product overview: https://www.bidgely.com/utilityai/
Bidgely is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Engineering Manager to be part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of architecting scalable solutions, hiring and mentoring talented teams and working with product managers to build great products . You must be highly analytical and a good problem solver. You will be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
- Own the overall solution design and implementation of the core infrastructure for backend systems. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion, design, architecture, implementation, delivery and resolving production issues related to engineering. The core back end system is a large scale data platform that ingests data, applies ML models and streams the output to Data lake and serving layer. As of today we ingest 2 Bn data point every day, which need to scale to handling 200 Bn data points every single day.
- End-end backend engineering infra charter includes Dev ops, Global deployment, Security and compliances according to latest practices.
- Ability to guide the team in debugging production issues and write best-of-the breed code
- Drive “engineering excellence” (defects, productivity through automation, performance of products etc) through clearly defined metrics.
- Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Hiring, mentoring and retaining a very talented team.
- 8-12 years of strong experience in product development.
- Strong experience in building data engineering (no SQL DBs, HDFS, Kafka, cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark etc) intensive backend
- Experience with DAG based data processing is highly desirable
- Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture, implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer facing role.
- Strong in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence decision making through data and be metric driven
- Strong understanding of non-functional requirements like security, test automation etc.
- Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services
- Ability to hire, mentor and retain best-of-the-breed engineers
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills
- SAAS experience a plus